Training & Proficiencies2021/2022 Proficiency Dates Click Here 2021/2022 Training Courses Click Here
Noosa Heads Surf Life Saving Club training courses are delivered through the Australian Lifesaving Academy Queensland RTO #2804.
Noosa Heads SLSC offers a variety of training courses to new & existing members. The minimum requirement to be an “Active” patrolling member is the Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) Bronze Medallion. Following the Bronze Medallion members are encouraged to gain specialist awards such as:
- First Aid [AID];
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques [AID];
- Radio Operators Certificate;
- Side by Side Vehicle (SSV) Operations;
- Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) crewpersons and drivers certificate;
- Silver Medallion Beach Management course to become a Patrol Captain;
Training – Bronze Medallion
Pre-requisites for the Bronze Medallion are:
- Must be able to complete a 400 metre pool swim in 9 minutes or less
- Be 15 years of age by completion of the course
Bronze training is generally held over a 6-7 week period with dry sessions (theory, first aid & CPR) on a weekday evening and wet sessions (surf activities & rescue practice) on a weekend morning.For the next Bronze Mediallion course please contact the Lifesaving Department.Please contact the club Education Manager if you are interested in completing a course.
Training – Specialist Awards
Current members who wish to complete advanced awards or update an award are encouraged to contact the Lifesaving Department so a course can be arranged.
If you hold one or more of these awards, Bronze, Surf Rescue Certificate/Water Safety, ART [AID], IRB Crew/Drivers, Radio or First Aid [AID], you need to attend a Proficiency.All Proficiencies must be completed prior to December 31 and you must be a Financial Member.