About Surf Life Saving
The first steps in the history of the Noosa Heads SLSC occurred on April 1, 1928 when Alexandra Headlands Club visited Tewantin and “the Heads” to give a display for local men. And so began the “Cooroy Royal Life and Surf Club”. A public meeting was held on 9th April 1928 at Cooroy and on April 30 the name was changed to Noosa Heads Royal Life and Surf Club. In December 1928 thirteen members gained their Royal Life Saving Society Still Water and Surf Bronze, thus qualifying to patrol the beach.
In 1929 a club House was placed on the beach and in May 1931 the name was changed to Noosa Life Saving and Surf Club. Since then the club has continued to patrol the beach with the proud record of no lives lost on Noosa Beach while lifesavers were on patrol.
In the 2008/2009 season the club underwent a major refurbishment. We are now very proud to have a clubhouse rated as one of the finest on the Sunshine Coast with “the best seat on the beach”. Our Supporters’ club is run very successfully be a committee and the Club Manager, Anton Mogg (Moggy) and provides a great source of finances for “active” needs to ensure we can continue to provide the best in public safety, community involvement and leadership, youth development, beach management and surf sports.
More information on the history of the club can be found in “Bush to Beach: A History of Noosa Heads Surf Life Saving Club”, written by Robert Longhurst (2003). Copies can be purchased for $10 from the Supporters’ Club.
Lifesavers patrol Noosa beach on weekends and public holidays from the start of the September school holidays until the May Day long weekend each season.
To The Patrol Season for 2018-2019 will commence on Saturday 22 September 2018.
The Patrol Operations Manual can be found on the Members Portal.
For more information please complete a registration form here contact lifesaving on (07) 5448 0900 or go to our “Become a Lifesaver” page to join the club and get into training to become an active patrolling member.